I am writing this on New Year's Day 2014. It has been a very productive year! In this newsletter I will recap some of the standout items from 2013, along with the current crop of news.
Jon Gordon Music Production is a prime provider of audio and music recording and production services. We can tailor our approach to your needs. Studio tours, consultations, budget estimates, etc. are available free, on request. Here is our current news:
Alan Merrill - Arrows 40th
Singer/Songwriter Alan Merrill is best known for penning the song "I Love Rock'n'Roll". Produced by the legendary Mickie Most on RAK records, the song was first a hit in the UK for The Arrows, the band that Alan fronted in the early to mid 1970's. Of course, Joan Jett's cover of the song gained international attention and established it as a definitive rock anthem. Additionally the song was covered by Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus, among many others (check out this Doritos Ad!)
Alan Merrill in session at JGMP
The Arrows were stars in Britain, including having their own hit TV show. To commemorate their 40th anniversary, Alan and I reworked some of the classic Arrows hits for a compilation CD. It was definitely a thrill to get to put a little of my own spin on these classic tracks! Watch for it in early 2014.
"TAXI: BROOKLYN SOUTH" ADR SESSIONS
Sometimes serendipity works in your favor. One day I was reading the New York Times and an articlecaught my eye. It was about a new TV show being shot in Brooklyn. It is a comedy/drama that will air later this year on TF1. It stars Jacky Ido (Inglorious Basterds) and Chyler Leigh (Gray's Anatomy). But what I noticed was that one of the producers was a client of mine from whom I hadn't heard in awhile. So I sent him an email... About two months later, I answer the phone and it's the line producer for the show wanting to book me to record ADR! The sessions are going well and I've gotten to meet most of the great cast. Nice when it goes that way!
KILLER TRACKS/ESPN BRAZILIAN TRAILERS:
We just completed work on 6 sports trailers for the Brazilian market. Once again I got to collaborate with the fabulous Davi Vieira. Joining us on vocals were Fabiana Masili and Liliana Araujo-Griffith, plus Clark Gayton on trombone. Killer Tracks tells me that the trailers will be under exclusive license to ESPN before they join the regular Killer Latino library.
Between these trailers and the Killer Latino CDs "Brazil" and "Brazilian Electro Pop", Davi and I have composed and produced 30 titles for Killer Latino in the space of a year. That definitely sets the bar for this year!
- Ronnie Lawson Productions: Prerecords and stem mixes for several major industrial shows.
- Susan Didrichsen: Recorded vocals and mastered "Home". Mixed and mastered "Big Sky".
- Kathy Zimmer: "Static Inhabited" - Recorded, mixed, mastered, co-produced.
- Amy Madden: Compiled, remastered "Hotel Ruin and Other (Vintage) Minor Disturbances and B-Sides"
- Brian McNeese: Recorded, mixed, mastered: "Citizen Soldier."
- Michael Visceglia/Jimmy Recchione: Recorded VO's, mixed, mastered "Tabitha and Tuney Forever"
- Joseph Lorenzo Wise: Arranged tracks, recorded, mixed, mastered internet singles: "Life is Like a Train", "On the Boulevard."
- Eytan Mirsky: Arranged, produced, recorded, mixed "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)", "I'm Gonna Fight It", "Somebody Played a Joke On Me."
- Ian McDonald: Recorded keyboard overdubs for an ongoing project.
- Joshua Shneider Love Speaks Orchestra: Mastered "The Joshua Shneider Love Speaks Orchestra, featuring Lucy Woodward and Dave Stryker.
- Meredith Levande/Monkey Monkey Music: Recording, mixing, mastering ongoing projects for CD and video production.
- Meg Flather: recorded, mixed "Find a Way to Me"
- Allison Scola and Joe Ravo: recorded, mixed material for an ongoing project.
- Karrin Allyson: recorded vocals for for Chris Caswell.
JGMP ON FACEBOOK:
Jon Gordon Music Production Inc. now has its own Facebook Page. There are lots of pictures from our gallery, and we will be posting news tidbits as they happen. Please go there now and Like us! You can click HERE.
And that's a wrap for now. Hope to see you soon!
[Skip to previous
newsletter or back to NEWS
ARCHIVES main page]